Wednesday, December 15, 2010

IBS not IBD, I hope

I think I might suffer from Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)

Alternating diarrhea/constipation. Abdominal pain. Bloating.

Sometimes I feel like my small intestine is moving rapidly inside my body. The sound it makes, frightens me. It is like a long, rubber tube that has a hole on its wall, releasing the fluid out to the interstitial space. 

Waiting to explode.

Or is it merely my imagination? Is it an unnecessary fear?

Hypochondriasis?

Medical Student Syndrome?

Maybe because we had a PBL case of chronic diarrhea this evening, suddenly I feel like experiencing the symptoms myself. 

Is it?


What if it.s true? That I.ve contracted some kind of Bowel Disease?


What if? Argghh.



Seriously, I must do a Full Body Medical Check-Up


STAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment