Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Find Your Passion

Source: 'Get the Life You Really Want' by Jessica See, a certified professional coach and trainer with Image Coach International. Extracted from Star Classifieds. Monday, June 11.  
 
How many people really take the time to explore what is their true passion and purpose? (Me! me!) Very few, I believe.

Most of us just tend to flow along the path of least resistance (Yeah, sounds like me) — from school to college to job after job — with very little thought given to what we really want to achieve in our lives until it is probably too late. (Hey, I give mine a lot of thought!)

So, count your blessings when you receive a wake-up call. Take it as an opportunity to stop the auto-drive mode you are in and explore and discover your purpose and passion. (Hmmm...)

Reflect on the following questions:

1) Do you feel good about yourself, your life, and where you are going?
Ermm... Yes, No and No?? 

2) If time and money are not a problem, what would you be doing on a daily basis?
I would be still be studying, but in a different course and a different place.

3) What do you really want for your life? What don’t you want? What have you settled for?
I want to be an Art student. I don't want to be a Doctor. I have to settle for Medicine.

4) Do you feel fulfilled and satisfied with your life choices so far? If not, what would you change if you could?
Of course not! Why would I? I would very much like to quit and start a brand new chapter of my life. I would want to follow my dreams and not thinking about the feelings of other people. I would love to enjoy the freedom of making my own choices. Whatever the risk is, I'll be glad to face it. I just want to be able to feel something.

But who am I kidding? I can never do that. I can never quit right at this moment. I would be a total failure to my parents and my family. Not to mention their feelings and embarassment. I should consider all the pros and cons before making any decision. I should not be selfish and should not act rashly. Think of the consequences. Do not be immature, act like an adult, will ya?

I do not want to act like an adult! Who cares if I'm immature? 

See? That's immature.   

Whether or not you are experiencing a professional crisis right now, step back and re-assess where life is leading you. (What's that for? It's not like I can change anything~)

If you discover that you have been sacrificing meaning, fulfilment, balance and happiness in life for the outward trappings of “career success”, it is time to regain control of the life you really want. — Singapore Straits Times/Asia New Network.

Yeah. If only life is that simple.

3 comments:

  1. i am totally the same fate as you in this :( so yeah, finish medicine first and then do what you want to do they said, you can pursuit your dream later they said,

    ReplyDelete
  2. finish medicine first - it's three more years, for god's sake!

    what if i don't want to do it LATER, but NOW? i wonder what they'll say..

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometimes, i felt like i wanna leave it all behind and go to some place foreign and pursuit the dream, how i wish :(

    ReplyDelete