Monday, July 23, 2012

Is WoW Really A Wow?




Nope. I don't think so. From my point of view, I have to say that World of Warcraft (WoW), the oh-so-famous and the best Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG) is definitely not my thing. I do love the graphics though, but I got bored real quick after I played for like, five consecutive days in a row.

Before you jump into the conclusion That's-because-this-girl-doesn't-know-how-to-play-the-game, let me say to you that I do know how to play alright! Well, after I had to go through the tutorial and read the explanations here and there, of course I know how to get the quests done, fight the monsters blah blah blah. I am no doubt a noob in this game, but I am a fast learner, okay.


Now we have cleared that up, let's have the proper story now. Last week, I had the chance to play WoW: Cataclysm after it took about a day to complete the installation process. I started out as a female Human, a Mage named Flagyl. Yeah yeah Metronidazole, I know. I forgot what I chose for my profession and secondary skills, though. I joined the Normal Realm.

And there I was, walking around in a new world, talking to strangers, fighting the creatures as requested, sending out letters, fighting monsters, searching for missing soldiers, fighting again, putting out fires, fighting again.. and again and again. At some point, I was like, Cool! I have superpowers. I can throw fire at the enemies. I can defend myself by using magic! 

But there were also times when two monsters suddenly attacked me out of nowhere, and I was scared as hell. I pressed the arrow button so hard so that my character walked away from them as fast as possible. But it was too late. I died.

I woke up in a cemetery just to find a ghost or an angel (whatever you call it) floating above me, giving me the option to be resurrected as a human again. I accepted. Now I am alive again, isn't is wonderful? 

So I traced my path back to where I left my unfinished business - to fight the monsters. You see, as this game is set in a fantasy world, that explains the many different creatures living in it. And there were spiders too. God I hate spiders!! 

At Level 8, I got tired of fighting. And I lost count of the times where I had to wake up to face the ghost/angel at the cemetery again. So I made a new character. A Night Elf, a Druid named Cyanidea. I was impressed to see the beautiful world of the Night Elves. And as a Druid, you can change forms and can heal others too. But the game concept is still the same. You have to fight the creatures and go on quests as usual. I stopped at Level 8 when the server suddenly went offline.

So I had to change server and created a new character. This time I went as a Gnome, a Rogue named Heparyn. It was tiny, and cute too. The world was so small and I had to fight creatures way bigger than me. Luckily I was a Rogue and I can be invisible. I can sneak up to the monster and attack it from behind. I had a sharp dagger and a sword, too. Cool, eh? :D

I played Gnome until level 9 where the boredom began. I think that's because of the fighting. Ah, the frequent battle against the monsters. A total turn-off for me. 

In a nutshell, I like living in the Sims World better than Azeroth. It is more fun and peaceful. 

No fighting at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment