Tuesday, September 25, 2012

W3 D2 : Procedures!




This day started with me getting to JHC early to finish up my Clerking Notes. Aina already sent three set of notes to our Mentor, but me and Irfan hadn't had ours done yet. So, we had to keep up with her :)

At 10.00am, we had Long Case Session with Dr.Anis Shah. My friend Wani presented a Leukemia case while Rusli prepared a case of Infective Endocarditis.

Causes of Raised Jugular Venous Pressure - Venous Obstruction (Right-sided Heart Failure), Fluid Overload/Retention, Constrictive Pericarditis, Pleural Effusion and Tricuspid Regurgitation/Stenosis.

Pansystolic Murmurs - Tricuspid Regurg, Mitral Regurg and Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD).

After lunch at Kompleks Teruntum, I went to UIA to get my Matric Card done. I lost it somewhere, can't remember exactly when it was missing from my pocket. I had to report the lost card to the Security Office and went to Koperasi to get my picture taken. The fee is RM35 and I'll get the card maybe in a week or two.

I went back to the hospital and learned Cranial Nerves Examination from Kak Fatimah. It was a simple one if you know what are the nerves you are testing. Olfactory, Optic, Oculomotor, Trochlear, Trigeminal, Abducens, Facial, Vestibulococchlear, Glossopharyngeal, Vagus, Accessory and Hypoglossal. The 12 Cranial Nerves altogether.

Me and Syira stayed late this evening to help Dr.Maria and Dr.Puteri took blood from patients. Dr.Puteri was a really cool H.O, I just got to know her today. She's friendly and easy to talk to. I watched Dr.Maria took ABG and did Venous Cannulation too.

I had performed three Venepunctures today.

And I got signatures from three different H.Os - Dr.Maria, Dr.Puteri and Dr.Siti.

Yay! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment