Thursday, October 18, 2012

Of Week Six




1) Last Tuesday was a very fine day. We watched four procedures in the morning: 3 OGDS (Papillary Carcinoma, Hiatus Hernia, Hemorrhagic Gastritis) and 1 Colonoscopy (Multiple Diverticulum). 

2) In the evening, we watched three Bone Marrow Aspirate and Trephine Biopsy (2 Pancytopenia cases and 1 Hodgkin's Lymphoma). I came back home in smiles.

3) I am quite satisfied with my Clerking Note on Hypokalemic Periodic Paralysis. I scored 7/10! :D You have no idea how much time I spent on writing it! Lol

4) Long case sessions with Dr. Nik Fatnoon were a bit intense. However, PBL and Short Case were fun! I like the fact that she is easy-going and friendly with patients.

5) I just knew that Dr. Hazlan and Dr. Anuar are IIUM graduates. I wonder how does it feel to work under your lecturers' supervision in the same hospital. Must be tough ;)

6) Dr. Naim advised us to work extra hard since we are already in our sixth week. He mentioned about our lack of knowledge in basic-basic things that we are supposed to know by heart.

We notice that too, Doctor :(

7) Dr. Wan Syahril told us that we should spend time wisely during Ward Work in the hospital. The best knowledge comes from patients, not from textbook per se. Spend more time with patients and you'll learn more.

I couldn't agree more, Doctor.

8) I always hear my friends asking around, 'Eh, macam mana kau study eh? Pagi sampai petang kita duduk Ward clerk patient, balik bilik dah penat, so bila kita nak bukak buku?'

If you ask me, hmm...... well, don't ask. Lol.


9) Case Write-Up!!!!! It's either AIHA or Parkinson's!


10) Our Seminar on Heart Failure tomorrow! 


I better stop now.

The slides need editing.

I need a coffee refill.

No comments:

Post a Comment