Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Of Durian Crepe and Islam

I got my laptop back already!!! YESSS!!! :D

About Durian Crepe. See these pictures!

Tah-daaa!! Shiny!
Ahhh the delicious Durian!
When Adlin got the crepes out from the fridge, I was so shocked because the crepes were hard, not soft! My Dad said that I got the recipe wrong.

Then I thought, No way it's wrong! I followed all the steps from the recipe! From here! As for the filling, I just use whipped fresh cream! And durian!

But 15 minutes later, I almost screamed in delight when I tasted it again.

It turned out that the whipped cream hardens when you put it in the fridge for too long!

After a while, it will soften again! 

I gave my Dad his second try.

He just smiled and said nothing!

YESS!! I DID IT!! YESSS!!

I was so happy. So so happy!

I still am :D

On another topic, have you read the news about this one British lingerie model who quits her job and reverts to Islam? Her boyfriend is a Muslim from Tunisia, a good-looking fella. Here's the full article.

“He accepts that [glamour modeling] is what I do and doesn’t try to change me. But he says once we are married my body is for his eyes only.” 

Cool!

Watts now covers her shoulders and ankles out of respect when she is with her future in laws. She also fasted during Ramadan last month.

Covering shoulders and ankles. Fasting. That's a good start!

“Women are treated with respect and they also respect themselves and their bodies. They don’t do one-night stands or casual flings. When I’m with Mohammed I feel so content, calm and happy. I know he’s the kind, family man for me.”

Awwww.

A handful of critics on Twitter had nothing but vitriol for the model’s decision. “You've pissed away ur career, & now ur'e nothin but a controlled woman, a slave,” wrote one. Another warned her not to unpack in Tunisia. But a lone tweeter praised Watts, writing, “Welcome to islam dear, masha allah [praise God], finally u got right path.”

A controlled woman, a slave? Hahahaha. That's hilarious. Clearly, you know so little about Islam. Do your research, will you? :)

Welcome to Islam, Carley Watts!

Since we are talking about this, my Mom showed me this video on Facebook. Have you watched it?

Awwwwwwww :')

And about the women in Sweden show solidarity by wearing headscarves after a Muslim woman is assaulted. Pictures here and articles from BBC here. #hijabuppropet

It's so sad to see so much hate everywhere in the world.

Pray for Egypt!

إِنَّمَا الْمُؤْمِنُونَ إِخْوَةٌ فَأَصْلِحُوا بَيْنَ أَخَوَيْكُمْ وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُرْحَمُونَ
"The believers are nothing else than brothers. So make reconciliation between your brothers, and fear Allah, that you may receive mercy." 
[Al-Hujjurat, 49:10]

The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم also said about brotherhood: "None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself."
[Bukhari & Muslim]

The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said: "Do not have malice against a Muslim; do not be envious of other Muslims; do not go against a Muslim and forsake him. O the slave of Allah! Be like brothers with each other. It is not allowed for a Muslim to desert his brother for over three days."

[Muslim & Tirmidhi]


All clothes are in these 2 zip lock compressor travel bags!
Put them in a backpack and put the backpack inside another luggage bag!
And a sling bag! Almost done almost done!

Ahhhh two more days to go!!! I AM EXCITED!

Okay. Bye bye for now. 

You take care! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment